The chancel of this mediaeval church was rebuilt in 1589 and is light and spacious. This date is close to the rebuilding of nearby Shipton Hall (1587) and it’s clear that a connection exists. The church also has connections with the More family whose children sailed to America in 1620 on the ‘Mayflower’ and there is a plaque in church to commemorate this. In early spring the churchyard is carpeted with a spectacular display of snowdrops.
The churchwardens are Wendy Brogden (01584 841649) and Jane Bishop (01746 785225)
The parish priests are The Rev Matthew Stafford and Rev Sarah Hare