Wenlock Team of Parishes

Cressage

Christ Church

church viewThe ancient church in Cressage was a chapelry of Cound and was dedicated to St Sampson. Its position close to the river made it liable to flooding and so in 1841 it was replaced by this present building sited somewhat farther from the water. The exact whereabouts of the original church are lost.

Contact: Rev Sarah Hare in Much Wenlock